Permit Hours: MON-WED, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
THURS 8:00 AM TO 12 Noon, closed afternoons
FRI 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Phone: 337-898-4300 Fax: 337-898-4310
The Permitting Department is dedicated to providing services to all the citizens of Vermilion Parish in a friendly, courteous,and professional manner to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of our community through enforcement of the adopted codes and standards.
The Permitting Department is responsible for the examination of building plans and specifications to insure structural soundness and conformity with the adopted building codes and the issuance of building permits. On site inspections are made at several different times during the building process to insure that construction and installation are in compliance with all adopted codes.
Many documents are available for view in the following formats:
Adobe Reader and Microsoft Word .
You will need Adobe Reader to view these documents in pdf (Adobe Reader) format. For the latest version of Adobe Reader, visit www.adobe.com.
For additional information on the following guidelines and requirements, call Gladys Mouton at 337-898-4300.
NO PERMITS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- DRIVEWAYS, SIDEWALKS, UNCOVERED DECKS AND PATIOS
- STORAGE SHEDS 500 sq ft & UNDER (WITH NO RESTROOM/PLUMBING)
- RE-ROOFING (IF THE HOMEOWNER OR CONTRACTOR NEEDS A PERMIT TO DUMP AT SOLID WASTE A DEMOLITON PERMIT CAN BE ISSUED AND BROUGHT TO SOLID WASTE)
- THE REPLACEMENT OF LAMPS OR THE CONNECTION OF APPROVED PORTABLE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT TO APPROVED PERMANENTLY INSTALLED RECEPTACLES
- REPAIRS COSTING LESS THAN $5,000.00
|Inaccessible Meter Notification and Warning|
|SLEMCO Overhead Service Requirements|
|SLEMCO Residential Underground Specifications|